PHP-mcache 1.2.0 beta 5 public release

johnm johnm at klir.com
Fri Apr 29 10:00:03 PDT 2005

Hi Thomas,

Thomas - Lists wrote:

>johnm wrote:
>

>>Ok, close on the heals of beta 4 comes beta 5. See
>>http://www.klir.com/~johnm/php-mcache/

<snip>

>All that looks very nice and I'm considering switching from the
>pecl-mcache-extension to that one.
>
>But, is all that stuff like what each function returns on failure and
>success documented somewhere?
>I'm worried about expecting something which might not be returned at all
>;-).
>Some extensive documentation would make this extension even more useful
>than it is already.

You are right, the documentation is a little lacking.  It's basically
just some example code with heavy commenting, and to be honest I haven't
looked at it since the initial public release.  I'll try to get some
better documentation together for the 1.2.0 final release.  The issue is
that I basically have no free time as of late... but I agree,
documentation is crucial for widespread adoption.  If anyone else is
interested in contributing documentation I'd be very happy ;)