[Q: libmemcache] mirroring with *server_add*

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Aug 8 13:56:59 PDT 2005

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> An FYI from the non-danga R&D dept.  -sc

Heh.  :)  Fine by me.  I'm going to maintain that memcached shouldn't be
trusted, though.  MySQL Cluster and real databases better fill that role.

In the Danga R&D dept:  avva added virtual bucket support to memcached,
and I'm researching adding DNS-SD/"Bonjour" support to memcached, so you
can just start them up and not do any configuration.  Then multiple
"trackers" that themselves advertise using DNS-SD and the clients find.
The trackers then keep track of which backend nodes are alive and owning
what buckets.  I was going to call this "managed mode" and make
Cache::Memcached::Managed, but somebody else got that name, so I'm open
for suggestions.  Maybe ::Trackers.

- Brad