Using memcached to cache subversion meta-data

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Thu Feb 3 04:40:08 PST 2005

It's great to have a Python developer using Memcached... your next project
could be fixing up the Memcached python client.  :) Or at least
sanity-checking the code for us.

If I recall, the performance of it is pretty horrid... it does tons of
1-byte reads when reading responses from the server?  Evan was always
concerned about this:

    def readline(self):
        newlines = 0
        buf = ''
        while newlines < 2:
            char = self.socket.recv(1) # XXX does this buffer or is this slow?

Wanna look it over?

- Brad