[announce] php: mcache extensions 1.1.1

John McCaskey johnm at klir.com
Fri Jan 28 12:44:26 PST 2005

Ok, so it looks like 1.1.0 was slightly rushed, and a nasty memory issue
crept in.

1.1.1 is now up at: http://www.klir.com/~johnm/php-mcache/

In working with persistent objects I had tried to use the non persistent
php allocators whenever possible to keep better memory safety,
unfortunately this resulted in persistent server objects sometimes
having their buffers manipulated with the regular non-persistent
allocators, and sometimes with the persistent ones.

The result is a possible segfault, or possibly corrupted data returns.
This should normally only occur when retrieving data larger than the
default buffer size.

1.1.1 addresses this bug, and is exactly the same functionally as 1.1.0.

I've created some basic automated regression tests and will be adding
more and commiting them to the next release in hopes of avoiding such
foolishness in the future :)

--
John A. McCaskey
Software Development Engineer