Large caches ...

Hans-Juergen Schoenig familiar at cybertec.at
Sat Jul 2 01:36:21 PDT 2005

I know that it is not a database. Basically I fully understand what you
mean. We have a real database which does the real storage.
The problem is: If we lose a node we cannot reload the entire cache as
it is too large and the system will be down for quite a while.
 If I know which server got lost - is there a way to repopulate only the
data which is on this certain server?
This would dramatically reduce the time needed to recover. In the
meantime the missing data could be provided by the database
(serving 1 out of 10 records from the database should work).

    Best regards,

       Hans