Large caches ...

Thomas -lists thomas-lists at mysnip.de
Sat Jul 2 01:39:17 PDT 2005

I would usually do this in the application.
You try to retrieve a key from the cache, if its not there retrieve it
from the database and put this into the cache.
Every next call would get the key from the cache then.
Thats my basic understanding on how a cache works.
You don't need to care about loading the cache before using it and you
have no problems if the cache fails.

thomas