Your feedback

Jamie Burns fantasticjamieburns at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 07:54:51 PDT 2005

Hi Guys/Gals,

I currently implement caching in my application, and I have abstracted this into an object. So, implementing a memcached backend would be trivial.

My question is: how much faster do you think memcached would be over my current implementation which involves storing and retrieving objects using the filesystem. And if I was to use a RAMDISK, would there still be a performance gain?

Thanks for your thoughts -- Will help me decide wether to write the memcached backend.

:o)

Jamie.