PHP Client Hangs Apache: Any Ideas?

John McCaskey johnm at klir.com
Wed Mar 16 09:31:18 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 12:39 -0500, Greg Grothaus wrote:
> I initially tried the version on the memcached website that Brad put up
> there.  Noticing these errors, I switched and tried to use php-mcache,
> but it had the same difficulties.  I am currently trying to double check
> that there are no references to Brad's PHP client that might be causing
> the problem, but I don't think that there are.
> -Greg

Well I'm the author of the php mcache extension... so I can help most
with that, I haven't heard of anyone having these issues and we use the
extension extensively in production systems.  Could you provide details
on the following:

php version,
os, and kernel version,
lib-event version,
memcached version,
polling method used by libevent (epoll, select, etc),
apache version (and if 2.x worker model, pre-fork, per-thread, etc.)

Also if you could describe the environment, ie how many memcached
instances? are they on the same machine as the client? seperate machine
over network? etc.

--
John A. McCaskey
Software Development Engineer