Protcol Additions

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:05:00 PST 2005

I wonder if it is worth having some sort of interim layer, where you
make some sort of pattern you can match yourself and the actual
memcache key used (perhaps just md5 it? at that point it doesn't
matter because you'd be calling the interim layer first)

That layer would provide you the functionality to do wildcards any way
you like. I've been wanting to cache -a lot- of my data too, but
having this same problem. The data can be stored multiple ways
depending on how it is fetched, if one was to try to cache every
database call... I'm still trying to figure out where I can have the
most benefit inserting memcache into my architecture and having it
cache as much as possible.