PHP memcached extension

Joel Lee e.sol at verizon.net
Sat Sep 3 19:41:31 PDT 2005

Brad-

I notice you don't link to any PHP APIs from the site (and I believe you used to).  I'm sure you're aware of it, but if not, there is a PECL memcached extension that can be compiled into PHP 4.3.3+.

http://us3.php.net/memcache

I am using this and it works great.  I'm not sure if the "best" PHP API is some topic of hot debate or not, I assume there must have been some problem or the links wouldn't have been pulled.

Anyway, my vote is for this, an actual PHP extension.  To me, this seems the most formal, recognized effort to bring memcached to the PHP environment.

Just my $0.02...

Joel