Need different types of caches

Abhishek abhishek.pareek at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 12:43:39 UTC 2006

Hi,
  I was trying my hand on memcache - java version, experimenting a little  bit. What i cannot understand is how do I keep different types of  caches on memcache. I tried creating two separate SocketIOPool  connections with same server address but different ports. See below :-
  public MemCacheImpl() {
          String[] serverlist = {"172.16.2.82:11211"};
          String[] serverlist2 = {"172.16.2.82:11212"};

          // initialize the pool for memcache servers
          SockIOPool pool = SockIOPool.getInstance();
          SockIOPool pool2 = SockIOPool.getInstance();
          pool.setServers(serverlist);
          pool2.setServers(serverlist2);

          pool.setInitConn(5);
          pool.setMinConn(5);
          pool.setMaxConn(50);
          pool.setMaintSleep(30);

          pool.setNagle(false);
          pool.initialize();
          //for pool2
          pool2.setInitConn(5);
          pool2.setMinConn(5);
          pool2.setMaxConn(50);
          pool2.setMaintSleep(30);

          pool2.setNagle(false);
          pool2.initialize();

      }
  It gave an exception as ++++++ trying to initialize an already initialized pool.

  By different types of caches I mean I need to store PersonCache,  ProjectCache   in memcache. Currently I have these caches as  implementation of Maps. But I want that a key  of particular  map(cache) goes into one memcache server. How can I do that?
  ie.
  PersonCache = Map
  Key = personID
  value = PersonValueObject

  ProjectCache = Map
  Key  = projectID
  Value = ProjectValueObject

  Now, If I have two memcache servers running on different ports as  mentioned above, how do I designate an Element(key-value) of  PersonCache to go to only server1 and Element of ProjectCache to go to  server2 ??

  Can u pls tell me how can I create different caches on memcache? Also  how can I create different configuration of SocketIOPool (s), so that  they act as 'different caches' ??

  Regards,
  Abbey.