namespace bids

Cahill, Earl ecahill at corp.untd.com
Fri Feb 3 17:58:26 UTC 2006

> Looking at the code (but not being very proficient with C, It seems as
if
> this could be implemented by adding:
>
> 1. A field to the struct of the item, that contains it's namespace.
> 2. A hashtable of namespace => expires  (much like flush_all, only
>     per namespace)
> 3. Some new commands that include namespaces (maybe getn, setn, ect)
> avoid
>     messing up older clients.  Using the old functions would put the
> object in a default
>     namespace.

All sounds good to me.  When can you have that done?  Only thing I can
see is that this to me assumes that all the keys for a given namespace
would be on one server, and yeah, it would be kind of nice if a
namespace could be distributed.

There's a chance I could actually brush up my C a bit and write a
solution, but I have no desire to write it and then not applied to
trunk.

Earl