PECL memcache extension

Brian Moon brianm at dealnews.com
Fri Feb 3 22:55:30 UTC 2006

> Should ServerB fail again before "key1" has expired, calls to
 > "get key1" will return old stale data from ServerA

I had never thought about this before.  But, yeah, that could happen.  I
don't think there is anything you can do about it though except stay
with your current client.

What you have to do is stop and ask yourself if your cache is really
that volatile.  It may be, I don't know.  But, when we started getting
all flustered about how fresh our cache was, we came to the conclusion
that the .0001% of the time where we had this problem was not worth the
brain cycles it would take to fix it.

--
Brian Moon
dealnews.com