Memcached Connection Time

Balázs Lécz leczbalazs at gmail.com
Fri May 5 16:01:14 UTC 2006

On 5/5/06, Sohail Riaz <sohaileo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Fellows
>

>  We are getting problem in memcached timeout errors very frequently. The
> main problem is that memcached takes a long time to connect, eventually its
> going over 10 seconds, how to reduce it, because its slowing down the entire
> website. When we set timeout 1 sec in our php, then every connections going
> in timeout error. Your help will be very appreciable.
>
>  memcached version =1.1.12
>
>  memcache version (PHP) = 2.0.1
>
>  libevent version = 1.1a
>
>  Regards,
>

> --
> --------------------------------
> Sohail Riaz
> Mob: 92 333 9183920

Check DNS resolution times. You may want to use static entries in your hosts
files or raw IP addresses in your config files instead of host names to
minimize connection latency. (Stick to hosts file entries if you are
running MS Windows.)
If this does not help, you may have to investigate the problem using
tcpdump and/or
ethereal.

--
Balázs Lécz