curr_items never decreases

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 18 18:02:51 UTC 2006

Right, this is important to understand if the cache is large enough. If
my business rules say the cache items should be available for 7 days, I
need to know if I am pushing items out of the cache before that time. So
some stats on the number of items bumped out of the cache before they
expired and the average number of sec before they expired. These stats
should ignore items that have no expiry or just could the number of
items with no expiry that are purged.

This would give me a good indication of how right sized the cache is and
how much I might need to add to it to bring it back in line with the
business rules.

-Steve