Memcache::pconnect() or Memcache::connect() ?

Michael Irwin 6d6469 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 14:46:21 UTC 2006

I don't have any benchmarks, but I believe the amount of resources
consumed by memcached connections is negligible.

For some info on why persistent connections to MySQL are generally a
bad thing, see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Why_persistent_connections_are_bad
and http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/newsletter/2002-11/a0000000086.html