Issue with memcached - cpu pegged and no response

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Sun Nov 12 15:57:05 UTC 2006

14 out of 16G should be fine provided the machine isn't doing anything
else and the number of connections is under a few thousand. We run a
similar configuration.

Also, attaching to the process with gdb and using the "where" command
will most likely be more useful than strace, especially if the program
is caught in an infinite loop and isn't making any system calls (in
which case strace won't output anything at all.)

-Steve