Can't install memcached

Anderson Schulle aschulle at churchatthecrossing.org
Wed Nov 22 04:40:07 UTC 2006

I've been trying to install memcached onto my server, to run my wiki faster due to performance issues.

I got a freelancer to do the job for me (since I have no clue how to do it). Ne he's telling me that because I don't have shell access to the root of my host, he can't install the memcached module.

Does that in fact mean I can't install memcached? What are some hosts that do allow memcached to be installed? I'm considering APC now, because this has been too complicated so far.

Thanks for any help,

Anderson