use more then one cache system?

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 18:01:53 UTC 2006

Agreed - I ditched eAccelerator (ex-Turck) a long time ago. APC has
been good to me since, especially since it's maintained by Rasmus+co.

Think of it this way:

APC - great for opcode and local-machine caching
Memcache - distributed/networked memory caching

If your apps need a central cache, you must use something like
Memcache (or shared filesystem stuff - but who wants that?) - there is
definately a valid use (and would be using it myself, actually, if I
had any apps that use Memcache currently) to team up APC and memcache.