memcached "backends" (was Re: Simple questions from memcachednewbie)

Randy Wigginton krw at nobugz.com
Thu Oct 12 14:00:47 UTC 2006

I've customized MemCached with a (local) mysql backend.  It works for
our purposes, but is not a general approach.

I found that BDB was surprisingly slow.  MySQL runs in its own
thread, which gives it a nice processing advantage.

The idea of a "pluggable" backend is positively brilliant.  Should
probably be a part of the next release.