[ANNOUNCE] Two new memcached releases

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sun Sep 10 19:12:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Jeremy Kronuz wrote:

> Also, I was wondering... what about the Win32 support? I honestly thing it
> would be nice to have the Win32 support merged with the main branch, as it
> gets difficult to maintain otherwise, I've been using it for quite some time
> with very good results (at least in a testing environment it's very
> useful)... and the changes in the code to add support for it are really not
> very intrusive... and they all are BSD licensed ;)

Yeah, let's work on merging it.

Get me a diff -u that cleanly applies against trunk and make sure that
diff includes build instructions on Win32 somewhere (doc/Win32-build.txt?)
include build pre-reqs.... cygwin?  Free Visual Studio Express?  etc.
There shouldn't be any binary resources besides the .ico files I'd
imagine?

What about libevent?  There's some pre-req version that's not the mainline
one, right?  Put it all in that build document.  (because I'll keep
forgetting .... :))

Thanks!

- Brad