Error in Protocol Docs?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sat Apr 28 16:36:18 UTC 2007

Historically, at least, it was only 16 bits.  It might only be 16 bits
currently on accident, and might be truncated back to 16 bits in the
future if we go on another struct item packing mission.

But yeah -- perhaps we should do a range check on it to prevent people
from getting bitten?

Does anybody remember when this changed from 16 bit to 32 bit, and if
there was a good reason?

- Brad