How to delete lots of related keys at once

K J sanbat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 06:49:46 UTC 2007

> Why is everyone using memcache for the SQL query as a key?  That is what
> the query cache on your database is for.  You gain very little doing it this
> way, except now you have to manage the invalidation yourself, which the
> query-cache does for you.

I was wondering about this too, as I was seeing the query cache being just
as fast.  What should qualify for memcache then?  I imagine html snippets
which includes data already fetched.  However I'm already using Smarty, so I
can't just grab the html and stuff it back to memcache, can I?

What are some good places to use memcache?