branches/binary-1.3.0

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Mon Dec 3 19:19:59 UTC 2007

On Dec 3, 2007, at 3:04, Tomash Brechko wrote:

> Casting CAS to uint32_t is probably from the times when it was done so
> in the mainline, you don't need it any more.

	Yes, that is likely the case.

> BTW, all this (uint64_t*), (int*) casts call for a BIG FAT WARNING
> that we heavily depend on the fact that the address is properly
> aligned for this type, i.e. dereferencing uint64_t* not aligned to 8
> bytes would trap on some platforms.

	Where would this be an issue?  Would the compiler generate a
warning?  Is it otherwise possible to test for correctness?

>> +#define MIN_BIN_PKT_LENGTH 12

>> +#define BIN_PKT_HDR_WORDS (MIN_BIN_PKT_LENGTH/sizeof(uint32_t))
>
> Not really important, but by putting this the other way around you
> would show that one thing is the exact multiple of the other:

	What you said makes sense here (and I didn't even remember adding
_WORDS), but I don't care enough about this issue to want to go
through the effort of changing it.

--
Dustin Sallings