Trying to fix a bug in debian for memcached

Tomash Brechko tomash.brechko at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 18:47:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 11:15:07 +0100, Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:
> 	I think the documentation might be something like this:
>
> 	"When defining a key to be placed in a memcached cache, you
>        can only use alphanumeric characters, no whitespace is allowed."

There's the file docs/protocol.txt in the memcached distribution, that
says:

  Keys
  ----

  Data stored by memcached is identified with the help of a key. A key
  is a text string which should uniquely identify the data for clients
  that are interested in storing and retrieving it.  Currently the
  length limit of a key is set at 250 characters (of course, normally
  clients wouldn't need to use such long keys); the key must not include
  control characters or whitespace.

--
   Tomash Brechko