[ANN] beanstalkd 0.5

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 22:35:56 UTC 2007

On 12/11/07, Keith Rarick <kr at essembly.com> wrote:

> Right now, if power goes out on a beanstalkd box, you will lose all
> the jobs that were on that box. We're planning to add persistence to
> beanstalk to make recovery possible in such a situation.
>
> However, in practice, the queue is usually empty -- jobs run almost
> immediately after they were submitted, so the chance of losing
> important work is lower than you  might expect.

When I design a queue system (like MySQL queue table and PHP running
via cron to process jobs) I have a status of scheduled/pending,
processing (currently processing), error, completed, start time, end
time, any message if there is an error, or output in general even with
success (it depends, I suppose)

I would hope it has most of that functionality. It is cool but I would
not feel comfortable sending jobs into a void that might process it so
fast I can't tell but at the same time I can't tell also that it
processed the job and was successful or errored :)