Developing memcached, how should we do it?

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Dec 13 17:02:22 UTC 2007

   Um, because svn is not conducive to community development.  In
order to branch, I must first have commit access.   In order to obtain
commit access, I must first demonstrate that I'm worthy to be in the
small official circle of developers.

   During the initial "proving" stage, I have to build a manual
workflow around maintaining my own changes and rebasing them over or
merging them with the upstream changes.  This already requires tools
beyond what subversion offers.

   In the longer term, we're either cluttering up the official repo
with tons of experimental branches, or we're just not experimenting.
Either way, we're only doing so with the elite core or the really
determined (and only when connectivity and availability allow, which
it often doesn't).

--
Dustin Sallings (mobile)