binary updates

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Tue Dec 18 18:01:05 UTC 2007

	I *think* I've updated my python client and server for the new binary
protocol definitions as found in the protocol document.

	One deviation that I saw was that the documentation listed the status
code as 16 bits instead of 8.     I implemented it as documented, but
that's probably not right.

	Anyone who wants to do client or server work (or better, validate my
work), can grab the latest version here:

		http://hg.west.spy.net/hg/python/memcached-test/

	If you just run ./testServer.py, you'll have a server listening on
port 11212 ready to speak the protocol as I understand it.  Obviously,
the goal is compliance and not performance.

--
Dustin Sallings