Key Size

Renato Silveira renatosilveira at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 19:08:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

I´m using memcached as a URL keyword cache. The url is the key and the
cached object is a string with relevant keywords of the site. Well, it´s
working fine for my purpose. The only problem is the limit of key size to
250 bytes(because there can be url bigger than 250 bytes). Well, I tried to
increase the value of the constant KEY_MAX_LENGTH to 2048 bytes. I recompile
memcached and it´s not working. Should I have to make any modification on
the client API? Does anyone can helpme with this issue?

tks!

Renato