NON VOLATILE MEMORY

Jan Pfeifer pfjan at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jan 11 02:56:13 UTC 2007

One thing to take care with this option is to make sure the disk can handle the throughput of the writes.

I'm sure memcache can easily beat the disk and whatever buffer you set aside for writing to disk could eventually be overflooded.

Error handling also comes to mind ... does the cache client writer want to wait for the disk write to return (possibly and error), or should the disk write work asynchronously ?

This is definitely a cool option in some cases, but would add lots of complexity to memcache -- complexity that I might understand others would prefer to avoid ...

just my 2¢