slabs dimension and mem allocation

mimmo pasticcio mimmopasticcio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:46:59 UTC 2007

> n_max is the smaller of 254 and whatever value would cause chunk_size(n+1)
> to exceed 1MB. There is an additional 1MB chunk size that is always
> available.
>
> By default, there are 40 slab classes.
>
> -Steve

Ok, then n_max define the numbers of slabs.

My new question is that: in every slab how many chunks are located,
this number is fixed or dynamically variable.
In my application with xml files between 15KB and 200KB, if users need
only 15KB files, the numbers of chunks in the first slab and the first
slab size increase or not?

thank you so much!

Domenico