memcache PHP session handler redundancy

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 23:05:40 UTC 2007

On 25 Jul 2007, at 18:19, Martin Minka wrote:

> hope it is ok to post to this mailing list also regarding memcache
> as PHP session handler. I believe that there is a lot of sites with
> load balancing who uses memcache for sessions.

You might like to check out sharedance along with phpdance, which
does memcache-style request handling with a disk back-end and
redundancy.

http://sharedance.pureftpd.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpdance/

You could easily apply phpdance's redundancy layer to memcache, but
then if you're that bothered about keeping your data, memcache is not
really the answer.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions