proposed Hackathon dates

Matt Ingenthron Matt.Ingenthron at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 25 17:44:48 UTC 2007

Hi all,

We've worked out some of the details and can host the next Hackathon at
the Sun Menlo Park offices on any of the following dates:

Thursday, August 16
Monday, August 20
Tuesday, August 21
Friday, August 24
Friday, August 31

Please reply to me if you're interested in attending and what date you
would prefer.  We will probably pick a date on which the key people from
the previous hackathon are available.

There's plenty of free parking, we have open wireless Internet access
and can make arrangements for other network access as needed.  Food and
drink will be taken care of as well.

We can accommodate up to 42 people in the largest room-- but that may be
too many to be productive so I'll take guidance from Steve and those who
attended the previous hackathon on what we should prepare for.  All of
the rooms are set up for conference calls (mics/speakers in the ceiling
for phone calls), so we can probably arrange things for people who can't
make it to Menlo Park to dial in.

Questions:
- Do we need wired network access?
- How late should we be prepared to keep the facility open?  (it's not a
problem, we just need to know)
- Is there anything else Sun can provide to help make this productive?

Thanks,

- Matt

--
Matt Ingenthron - Web Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Global Systems Practice