Can I require for some new features -- Lock / Unlock Command

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 09:34:55 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, skywind <skywind3000 at 163.com> wrote:
> Hello memcached !
>
> My project is using memcached now, i wonder if memcached can add
> LOCK/UNLOCK Command ?
> EXPLANATION:

it would seem to me that since memcached is not considered a
'reliable' storage mechanism you should handle the transactions as
close to the data source as possible, and use normal cache
resetting/recaching methods after a successful update of the backend
storage.

i don't think anyone on this list would suggest using memcached as a
database or source of data. it is purely for distributed caching of
data to offload databases and such.