bytes > limit_maxbytes and no evictions?

Steve Webb swebb at pronto.com
Mon Jun 25 16:08:50 UTC 2007

Hey.

So I checked out the code and "evictions" is only incremented when the
data times out, which to me is not obvious.

I changed the code to increment evictions when the cache is full and an
item is "pushed" out.

Just add the line:

stats.evictions++;

to items.c:437 after the

stats.curr_items -= 1;

line.

Can someone with svn access please add this to the source tree?  I don't
have svn access and I need to be able to monitor this statistic and I'm
guessing that others will also find this statistic interesting.  We use it
mainly to "tune" the size of a memcached server.  A ton of evictions means
that we need to increase the size of the server.  Also, we chart this
statistic, so a spike could signal a problem.

- Steve

--
Steve Webb - Lead System Administrator for Pronto.com
Email: swebb at pronto.com  (Please send any work requests to: rt at pronto.com)