Large object support

Wes Gamble weyus at att.net
Tue Mar 6 17:55:23 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a Ruby on Rails application running on the following platform:

Kernel 2.6.12-27mdksmp on a 4-processor i686 / \l

I'm using the Rubygem "memcache-client" to access and store data in my installation of memcache.

I don't seem to be able to store objects of approximate size 1MB or greater in the memcache.
These same puts work fine on my Windows box.

Are there any known limitations to how large an object can be stored in memcache?
Does anyone have any examples of storing something 1MB or so or bigger?
Should I be looking at the Ruby binding as the source of my problem?

Thanks,
Wes Gamble