Freelance consultant needed

Donelow, Steve (ATS, IT) Steve.Donelow at thehartford.com
Thu May 10 22:07:05 UTC 2007

Hello,
I am looking for a freelance consultant to assist with designing and
building the backend for a website that needs to support 20 million
users.  We will be using memcached, Perlbal, MogileFS, MySQL and other
open source products.

You must be a real expert in memcached and high performance distributed
computing.

Your role will be to assist with designing a reference architecture and
the network topology, then you will work with a 3rd party hosting
company to set up an instance of the reference architecture according to
the design specs.  They will do the work, you will tell them what to do
and ensure that they actually did it.  You will be responsible for
installing and configuring memcached, Perlbal, etc., monitoring, and
supporting  them.  You will also advise on how we build the client side
so as to take best advantage of memcached.  If you want to be involved
in building the client side or the web pages once the backend is up and
running that will be an option.

You will have control over the products selected, if you know of
anything better than the products mentioned above, we will certainly
consider them.

If you respond to this email please have consulting experience and
please be prepared to supply URLs of high demand web sites you played a
major role in developing.

Steve Donelow
President
Object Works, Inc.