About object expiration

YU Jiazi yujiazi at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:12:44 UTC 2007

hello,

I have two questions,

1 I want to store some objects never expired even the server memory runs
out. I know that I can set the object expiration time to 0, but it will
be removed
when the server runs out of memory. I examined the memcached source code
and I found the field:

settings.evict_to_free

Does it mean that if i set this field to 0, then those objects
expiration to set to 0 will not be removed by memcached even the server
runs out of memory?

2 On top of the question 1, if i set settings.evict_to_free to 0, does
it effects those objects with expiration time? Will they be removed ?

Thanks