memcached

Julio Leyva jcleyva at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 15:25:09 UTC 2007

>From: Dustin Sallings <dustin at spy.net>
>To: Julio Leyva <jcleyva at hotmail.com>
>CC: memcached at lists.danga.com
>Subject: Re: memcached
>Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:04:36 -0700
>

>On May 12, 2007, at 7:17, Julio Leyva wrote:
>
>>Our backend is postgresql and is doing a table locked every time  that
>>table is accessed therefore our performance issues, even with  a record
>>lock level is a perfomance issue, so memcached can help us  with that?
>
>	Why are you locking tables?  If that's necessary for your  application, I
>don't know how memcache will help if you feel you  can't access the table
>without locks.  Can you explain your app a  little more?

We have a transaction that must lock a key in a table and no any other
parallel transaction can access that key until the first transaction is
finished.

We think that process will be faster using memcached.

Another question is how can I flush the memcached to the hardrive and how
often we should do that.

I'm digging into the documents.....
Thanks for your tips...