memcached

Marcus Rueckert darix at web.de
Mon May 14 15:29:44 UTC 2007

On 2007-05-14 15:25:09 +0000, Julio Leyva wrote:
> We have a transaction that must lock a key in a table and no any other
> parallel transaction can access that key until the first transaction is
> finished.

why not use row based locking?!

> We think that process will be faster using memcached.

uhm i dont think so. what do you have in mind how it will speed up your
workflow. it really sounds like write locks. and i doubt memcached will
help there.

> Another question is how can I flush the memcached to the hardrive and how
> often we should do that.

you cant. tugelacache uses the same api but uses bdb to write the
content to disk.

    darix

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux