How do you track page hits or click statistics?

dangalist at centrum.cz dangalist at centrum.cz
Sun Nov 4 11:24:01 UTC 2007

I was thinking about some RAM based hits tracking due to speed instead of flatfile logs, even if they are fast
and dont cause much load. I dont care about accuracy of tracking in this case, just wanted to do it distributed
so I dont end up with two web servers for load balancing, counting stats to separate log files. ARCHIVE storage
engine is especially done for lot of data storage, which is not this case, when I will just increase hits counter
for each item.

Goodwill