mdelete and Cache::Memcached::delete_multi()

Brian Aker brian at tangent.org
Thu Nov 15 18:36:53 UTC 2007

Hi!

On Nov 13, 2007, at 7:12 PM, Tomash Brechko wrote:

> I have no doubts it will outperform single deletes because of the
> latency of waiting the reply before sending the next command.  More
> interesting would be to compare it to streamed delete, like the one
> that Marc is willing to share, but not yet.

libmemcached can stream deletes when running asynchronously, so it is
possible to test the performance.

James Day and Domas have been complaining about Wikipedia having
issues with Memcached being too chatty. I suspect the real advantage
in multi-delete will be that it saves in having to process, or drop,
multiple responses to deletes.

Adding multi-delete sounds like a good idea.

Cheers,
	-Brian

Brian "Krow" Aker, brian at tangent.org
Seattle, Washington