mdelete and Cache::Memcached::delete_multi()

Tomash Brechko tomash.brechko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:32:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 10:29:04 -0800, dormando wrote:
> I think we're aiming for orthogonal. Although none of these options
> really sit that well with me.
>
> With noreply you can still end up doing:
>
> set blah 0 0 2
> hi
> set another 0 0 3 noreply
> bye
> set more 0 0 3
> foo
>
> ... then when you read, did the error come from the first or third set?

Separate on/off are 100% safe only when on/off itself has a reply,
hence the overhead.

Currently 'noreply' will still send the error if the command has wrong
number of tokens, and thus no attempt is made to parse it (though I
could parse it, I think that wouldn't be right).  To help this a bit
we may add a startup option to the server, 'close_on_error', and use
it for some errors that should never be ignored, so the error
condition won't go unnoticed.

--
   Tomash Brechko