SockIOPool's maintSleep

Hanson Char hanson.char at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 06:10:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I refer to the (KETAMA_HASH version) java_memcached-1.6.  I realize
SockIOPool's the default maintenance thread sleep time "maintSleep" is
set to 5 seconds, which seems pretty busy.  I am considering setting
the sleep time to, say, 30 or 60 seconds but fear if this would cause
too many connections built up between the running of the maintenance
thread.  The running application using the MemCachedClient is
processing from 30 to 90  requests per second.

Any real life example on how safely this parameter can be set ?  Caveat ?

Thanks in advance,
Hanson Char