IPv6 Patch

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Sat Feb 2 10:01:32 UTC 2008

> As long as everyone is fine with changing the behavior for unix domain
> socket, it looks good to me. I'll generate up a patch for this.
>
> One additional thought, binding to UDP. I'd like to suggest we open up
> the UDP port by default on the same port as the TCP port.
>
> My reason for this?
>
> I have UDP support now in libmemcached, and I want to allow users to
> have the default option of knowing the server is doing both.

I don't actually have any problem with this myself. Does anyone else
care if UDP is enabled by default on the same port as tcp/ip? We'd
obviously add disable flags for both tcp/ip and udp, but this is a
change of defaults.

Also, some UDP related bugs will have to be fixed.

Some of this code also changes with the way the binary protocol is
handled... We should have another hackathon to attempt to finish that one.

-Dormando