Proposal: lets get rid of the non-thread code

Trond Norbye Trond.Norbye at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 8 12:59:43 UTC 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 11:12 PM, Roy Lyseng wrote:

> Trond,
>
> do we have some relative performance numbers between threaded and
> non-threaded code (Latnecy + CPU consumption)?

We do not have exact figures, but ballpark numbers for two servers
giving about the same latency is that a multi-thread server will
consume 10% to 50% more CPU than a single-thread server. And the CPU
consumption increases with increased number of threads.

Trond