Multi-Interface Patch

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Wed Feb 13 18:36:41 UTC 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 6:48, Brian Aker wrote:

> I am up for doing that! That is how I would prefer it be done. We
> should add a command (maybe stat?) that can tell us what the binary
> port is.

	I'd actually like something like ``capabilities.''  There are are all
of these functionality patches flying around.  It'd be good to be able
to ask which ones are there.

> For a binary UDP, we should default it on and to the same port as
> the binary TCP (in my opinion).

	I agree.  It makes sense, and it makes things more simple.

> Well, the one thing I have been pinged about is that this will allow
> someone to push more data if they have been maxing out a single
> card's interface. Mainly though, it just makes the interface complete.

	That's interesting.  I guess I'd expect IN_ADDR_ANY to be just as
good here.  I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.  :)

--
Dustin Sallings