Multi-Interface Patch

Matt Ingenthron Matt.Ingenthron at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 13 18:46:16 UTC 2008

Dustin Sallings wrote:
>     That's interesting.  I guess I'd expect IN_ADDR_ANY to be just as
> good here.  I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.  :)

At least on OpenSolaris/Solaris, and probably most OSs, there's a little
more overhead to IN_ADDR_ANY.  I've never seen measurements, but I have
seen in many tuning guides recommendations to set it to the specific IP,
so I'm sure it has been measured.

- Matt

--
Matt Ingenthron - Web Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Global Systems Practice