memcache as database

Brian Aker brian at tangent.org
Thu Jun 12 12:37:29 UTC 2008

Hi!

On Jun 12, 2008, at 5:08 AM, Henrik Schröder wrote:

> ...and you can not load these rows directly into your application,
> do the manipulation, and then store the results in another db table
> because...? I'm totally not seeing what use you have for an external
> cache like memcached in this case, where you only load the data from
> the database once. Or am I missing something?

It looks like just using a plain old memory table would be faster. The
only reason I could think of to use memcached for this would be if the
data set was so large that using a distributed table made sense (aka
get more memory from aggregating multiple machines).

But for ip's.... that would have to be more then what this person has.

Cheers,
	-Brian

Brian "Krow" Aker, brian at tangent.org
Seattle, Washington