quick question on usage

Adam Michaels adam at digitalagemedia.net
Fri Oct 29 22:51:18 PDT 2004

I want to make sure I understand how mogilefs works. You have an API which sends
files to the tracker which gives the files a hash in the tracker database and then sends it
to the mogfile storage daemon which holds the file. Does the file itself actually go to to the tracker
or does it go directly to the storage server?

When you request a file that request goes to the tracker and then to the server server. Then the
file is retrieved to the API/webserver. Is that correct? Also, is there anyway to have the storage servers send the file instead of sending to the webserver?

Thanks.